Reading Passenger Rail
OUR OBJECTIVE: The re-connection of the passenger rail way will provide additional travel options to alleviate congestion of the US 422 corridor and the regional road system, in addition to contributing to revitalization efforts downtown by providing connectivity between Greater Reading and the surrounding region.
What is so critical about this connector?
The creation of a passenger rail to Reading is vital to our region’s accessibility, job growth, and quality of life. Additionally, it will alleviate dangerous congestion of the 422 corridor and provide access to work and community amenities in our region.
Linking our region to other major metropolitan areas by:
- Establishing a regional connection between Valley Forge, King of Prussia, Phoenixville, Royersford, Pottstown, Monocacy, Reading, and Wyomissing
- Connecting those outside our region to employment, entertainment, and other activities in Greater Reading by improving access to the area
Driving commerce and economic prosperity by:
- Playing a key role in moving people within the region
- Promoting the expansion of regional business initiatives and the creation of new jobs
- Providing convenient access to surrounding areas
For more information, contact Pamela Shupp EVP/COO, Greater Reading Chamber Alliance
(610)-898-7787 or at email@example.com