422 West Shore Bypass Reconstruction Project
The project proposes to fully reconstruct and widen SR422 to 6 lanes as well as reconstruct four interchanges including N. Wyomissing Blvd, Penn Street/Penn Avenue, Lancaster Avenue, and I-176. For more information on this PennDOT Project visit www. 422westshorebypass.com.
Business & Community Priorities
- Modern, Safe and Efficient Transportation and Infrastructure System
- Communication: Economic & Community Vibrancy (during construction)
- Regional Connectivity
- Workforce Mobility
Pedestrian, Bike, & Trail Access, Safety & Connectivity
- Connectors to Schuylkill River Trail & Feeder Trails
- Access to Riverfront both the East & West Shore
- Sustainable, Aesthetically Pleasing Storm Water Best Management Practices
- Develop a Seamless, No Conflict Pathway for Bicycle and Pedestrians
- Access to the Waterfront
- Connectivity between the Business District, Trails & Park System
- Maintenance Responsibility
- Impact the Project will have on Municipal Public Work Facilities
- Align Municipal Comprehensive Plans
- Utility Infrastructure Alignment
- Positioning Street Lighting (maintenance/safety/aesthetics)
- Appropriate Signage
- Arts & Entertainment Access
- Emergency Responders Requirements
- Education Institutions . . . Others
Stay connected for plans!
We will collaborate on events & share insights with regional stakeholders, PennDOT & RATS
- Arrange for opportunities for our members and community to be informed and engaged in the design & construction process.
- Enhancing public greenway and recreational opportunities to influence and support professional economic development activities for the region.